EMC Connectrix DS-5100B Switch: 24, 32, or 40 Ports | 1, 2, 4 and 8 Gbit/sec
The EMC Connectrix DS-5100B Switch is designed for rapidly growing storage environments combining 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel technology in configurations of 24, 32, or 40 ports in an efficient 1U form factor. Designed for a broad range of SAN architectures.
Enterprise Capabilities in a Midrage Switch
Consuming less than 2.5 watts of power per port for exceptional power and cooling efficiency. It also features integrated power and fan assemblies to improve environmental performance and reduce overall ownership costs.
To support mission-critical environments, the EMC Connectrix DS-5100B provides best-in-class performance for a midrange SAN switch. It features a non-blocking architecture with as many as 40 ports concurrently active at 8 Gbit/sec (full duplex) with no over-subscription providing an aggregate bandwidth of 680 Gbit/sec. In addition, enhanced EMC Connectrix ISL Trunking enables a single logical link at up to 68 Gbit/sec of balanced data throughput.
To maximize the value of virtual server deployments, the EMC Connectrix DS-5100B utilizes EMC Connectrix Adaptive Networking services, a suite of tools for optimizing fabric behavior and ensuring ample bandwidth for mission-critical applications. These tools currently include QoS, Ingress Rate Limiting, Traffic Isolation, and Top Talkers. For additional flexibility and value, the EMC Connectrix DS-5100B also provides Integrated Routing capabilities to connect switches in different fabrics.
The EMC Connectrix DS-5100B is a reliable foundation for disaster recovery and business continuance with enterprise-class availability features such as hot-swappable, redundant, and integrated fan and power supply assemblies. Moreover, hot code load and activation help maximize application uptime with faster system upgrades and maintenance.
To support SAN extension, the EMC Connectrix DS-5100B enables servers and storage devices to reside up to 3400 kilometers apart helping organizations to implement the most sophisticated business continuance and disaster recovery initiatives.
Fast and Easy Scalability
The EMC Connectrix DS-5100B is easy to deploy, manage, and integrate into both new and existing IT environments. With capabilities such as Ports On Demand scalability from 24 to 32 or 40 ports, the EMC Connectrix DS-5100B enables organizations to grow their storage networks in a non-disruptive manner. In addition, organizations can initially deploy 4 Gbit/sec SFPs and upgrade to 8 Gbit/sec SFP+ when desired.
Key Features and Benefits
- # Delivers full 8 Gbit/sec 1:1 performance for up to 40 ports in a 1U form factor
- Ofers best-in-class port density and scalability for an enterprise SAN switch
- Offers best-in-class port density and scalability for a midrange enterprise SAN switch
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec capabilities
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability from 24 to 32 or 40 ports when necessary, in a non-disruptive manner
- Provides Adaptive Networking services, such as Quality of Service (QoS), to help optimize application performance in consolidated, virtual environments
- Improves energy efficiency by combining increased bandwidth with lower power consumption
- Utilizes the EMC Connectrix EZSwitchSetup wizard to simplify installation, and is Microsoft Simple SAN-compatible
- Provides Fibre Channel Integrated Routing capabilities, enabling selective device sharing while maintaining remote fabric isolation.
End-To-End Performance and Reliability
EMC Connectrix 8Gb switches require EMC Connectrix optical transceiver modules, which are available in a multiple models to satisfy a wide range of speed and distance requirements. These Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) modules are optimized for EMC Connectrix 8Gb products to maximize performance, reduce power consumption, and help ensure the highest availability of mission-critical applications.
SAN Standards Compliance
EMC Connectrix products conform to SAN standards in a manner consistent with accepted engineering practices and procedures.