EMC Connectrix DS-300B Switch: 8 to 16 or 24 Ports | 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec
The EMC Connectrix DS-300B is an 8 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switch that provides an affordable entry-level solution for small SANs or the edge of larger SANs. It enables small to medium-sized enterprises to simplify their IT infrastructures, improve system performance, maximize the value of virtual server deployments, and reduce overall storage costs.
Highly Affordable San Technology
The EMC Connectrix DS-300B provides exceptional performance and functionality at an entry-level cost. It combines auto-sensing 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel throughput with features that greatly enhance fabric operation. The EMC Connectrix DS-300B provides these capabilities while consuming less than 2.5 watts of power per port for exceptional power and cooling efficiency.
The EMC Connectrix DS-300B features a non-blocking architecture with as many as 24 ports concurrently active at 8 Gbit/sec (full duplex) with no over-subscription providing an aggregate bandwidth of 408 Gbit/sec. In addition, enhanced EMC Connectrix ISL Trunking enables a single logical high-speed trunk capable of up to 68 Gbit/sec of throughput.
EMC Connectrix DS-300B setup and configuration is simplified with the EMC Connectrix EZSwitchSetup wizard, which makes switch configuration, deployment, and management an easy 3-step point-and-click process. To manage EMC Connectrix switches, organizations can use a command line interface, the EMC Connectrix Web Tools utility, EZSwitchSetup, Switch Manager, or SAN management tools such as EMC Connectrix EFCM and Fabric Manager. The EMC Connectrix DS-300B, which is Microsoft Simple SAN-compatible, also supports a USB port that increases serviceability and error logging by facilitating firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files.
Fast and Easy Scalability
The EMC Connectrix DS-300B is easy to deploy, manage, and integrate into both new and existing IT environments. With capabilities such as Ports On Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports, the EMC Connectrix DS-300B enables organizations to grow their storage networks when necessary, in a non-disruptive manner. In addition, organizations can initially deploy 4 Gbit/sec SFPs and upgrade to 8 Gbit/sec SFP+ when desired.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides an affordable foundation for entry-level SANs
- Delivers full 8 Gbit/sec, 1:1 performance for up to 24 ports in a 1U form factor
- Simplifies configuration and management with the EMC Connectrix EZSwitchSetup wizard, and is Microsoft Simple SAN-compatible
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” scalability with Ports On Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports
- Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an NPIV-enabled EMC Connectrix Access Gateway
- Provides Adaptive Networking services, such as Quality of Service (QoS), to help optimize application performance in consolidated, virtual environments
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec capabilities
- Improves energy efficiency by combining increased bandwidth with lower power consumption
- Future-proofs investments by enabling organizations to use 4 Gbit/sec SFPs today, and upgrade to 8 Gbit/sec SFPs when desired
End-To-End Performance and Reliability
EMC Connectrix 8Gb switches require EMC Connectrix optical transceiver modules, which are available in a multiple models to satisfy a wide range of speed and distance requirements. These Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) modules are optimized for EMC Connectrix 8Gb products to maximize performance, reduce power consumption, and help ensure the highest availability of mission-critical applications.