Brocade FA4-18 Extension Blade: 18 Ports (16xFC 2xGbE) | 1, 2 and 4 Gbit/sec
Designed for use in the Brocade 48000 Director and Brocade DCX Backbone, the FA4-18 blade provides high-speed, highly reliable fabric-based services throughout heterogeneous data center environments. The Brocade FA4-18 is tightly integrated with a wide range of enterprise storage applications that leverage Brocade Storage Application Services (SAS) to provide wire-speed data movement and offload server resources. The Brocade FA4-18 delivers fabric-based services through integration with high-performance storage applications that utilize Brocade Storage Application Services (SAS) and the SAS API. Based on an implementation of the T11 Fabric Application Integration Specification (FAIS) standard, the SAS API removes a layer of application complexity to streamline performance in SAN fabrics and reduce development and test cycles.
- Provides a high-performance platform for tightly integrated storage applications that leverage the Brocade Storage Application Services (SAS) API
- Delivers intelligence in SANs through the Brocade 48000 Director and Brocade DCX Backbone to perform fabric-based services, including online data migration, storage virtualization, and continuous data replication and protection
- Provides 16 auto-sensing 1, 2, or 4 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel ports with two auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Mbit/sec Ethernet ports for LAN-based management
- Leverages a fully pipelined, multi-CPU RI SC and memory system, up to 64 Gbit/sec throughout, and up to 1 million IOPS
- Performs split-path hardware acceleration using partitioned port processing and distributed control and data path processors, enabling wire-speed data movement without compromising host performance