EMC Connectrix DS-5300B Switch: 48, 64, or 80 Ports | 1, 2, 4 and 8 Gbit/sec
The EMC Connectrix DS-5300B is an 8 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switch that provides superior performance and port density for the most demanding SAN environments. With up to 80 ports in an efficient 2U design, it is an ideal solution for enabling greater data center consolidation and virtualization throughout the enterprise.
An Enterprise Switch for the most Demanding Environments
The EMC Connectrix DS-5300B Switch combines 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec technology in configurations of 48, 64, or 80 ports in an efficient 2U design. The combination of port density, performance, and “pay-as-you-grow” scalability enables greater server and storage utilization while reducing complexity for virtualized data centers.
The evolutionary design makes it very efficient in regard to power, cooling, and rack density, enabling medium- and large-scale server and storage consolidation for greater cost savings and manageability. The EMC Connectrix DS-5300B also includes Adaptive Networking capabilities to provide the highest service levels for mission-critical data center applications.
Industry-Leading Performance and Scalibility
The EMC Connectrix DS-5300B features a non-blocking architecture with as many as 80 ports concurrently active at 8 Gbit/sec (full duplex) with no over-subscription providing an aggregate bandwidth of 1360 Gbit/sec. This level of performance and connectivity is ideal for expanding virtual server environments. In addition, enhanced ISL Trunking can supply up to 68 Gbit/sec of balanced data throughput in a single logical link.
The high port density of the EMC Connectrix DS-5300B uniquely enables fan-out from the core of the data center fabric with less than half the number of switch devices compared to traditional 32- or 40-port edge switches. As a result, it can provide a single-domain solution that simplifies fabric management and reduces the data center footprint.
With capabilities such as Ports On Demand scalability from 48 to 64 or 80 ports, the EMC Connectrix DS-5300B also enables organizations to grow their storage networks when necessary, in a non-disruptive manner.
To support SAN extension, the EMC Connectrix DS-5300B enables servers and storage devices to reside up to 600 kilometers apart, helping organizations to implement the most sophisticated business continuance and disaster recovery initiatives.
Adaptive Networking Service
The EMC Connectrix DS-5300B utilizes EMC Connectrix Adaptive Networking services, a suite of tools for optimizing fabric behavior and ensuring ample bandwidth for mission-critical applications. These tools currently include QoS, Ingress Rate Limiting, Traffic Isolation, and Top Talkers. For additional flexibility and value, the EMC Connectrix DS-5300B also provides Integrated Routing capabilities to connect switches in different fabrics.
Key Features and Benefits
- Delivers full 8 Gbit/sec 1:1 performance for up to 80 ports in a single-domain, optimized 2U form factor
- Ofers best-in-class port density and scalability for an enterprise SAN switch
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec capabilities
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability from 48 to 64 or 80 ports
- Provides Adaptive Networking services such as Quality of Service (QoS) to help optimize application performance in consolidated, virtual environments
- Improves energy efficiency by combining increased bandwidth with lower power consumption
- Utilizes the EMC Connectrix EZSwitchSetup wizard to simplify installation, and is Microsoft Simple SAN-compatible
- Provides Fibre Channel Integrated Routing capabilities, enabling selective device sharing while maintaining remote fabric isolation
End-To-End Performance and Reliability
EMC Connectrix 8Gb switches require EMC Connectrix optical transceiver modules, which are available in a multiple models to satisfy a wide range of speed and distance requirements. These Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) modules are optimized for EMC Connectrix 8Gb products to maximize performance, reduce power consumption, and help ensure the highest availability of miss ion-critical applications.