EMC Connectrix DS-5000B Switch: 16, 24, or 32 Ports | 1, 2, and 4 Gbit/sec
A Flexible, High-Performance Midrange SAN Switch designed for rapidly growing environments, the EMC Connectrix DS-5000B combines scalability with superior investment protection. It features a flexible architecture that supports native E_Port interoperability for seamless connectivity into EMC Connectrix Fabric OS (FOS) or M-Enterprise OS (M-EOS) environments, allowing organizations to non-disruptively expand their existing SAN fabrics. (M-EOS fabrics are McDATA switches and directors running Enterprise OS.)
The EMC Connectrix DS-5000B is fully compatible with EMC Connectrix 1, 2, and 4 Gbit/sec devices, including the EMC Connectrix DCX Backbone, protecting existing technology investments while providing a strategic solution for the future.
Featuring scalable Ports on Demand capabilities, the EMC Connectrix DS-5000B is available in configurations of 16, 24, or 32 ports in an efficient 1U design. It also provides best-in-class performance for midrange SAN switches, featuring a non-blocking architecture with as many as 32 ports concurrently active at 4 Gbit/sec full duplex to provide an aggregate bandwidth of 256 Gbit/sec. Organizations can manage the EMC Connectrix DS-5000B through a command line interface, EMC Connectrix Web Tools, EMC Connectrix Enterprise Fabric Connectivity Manager (EFCM), or EMC Connectrix Fabric Manager.
Key Features and Benefits
- Delivers up to 32 ports in an optimized form factor that does not require a rail kit for deployment in a 19-inch rack
- Protects existing investments in EMC Connectrix Fabric OS and M-EOS*-based environments through native E_Port switch interoperability
- Provides industry-leading power and cooling efficiency to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and improve availability
- Utilizes EMC Connectrix EFCM 9.x and EMC Connectrix Fabric Manager for easy deployment within new and existing fabrics
- Features Ports on Demand capabilities for fast, easy, and cost-effective scalability from 16 to 32 ports in 8-port increments
- Protects existing device investments with auto-configuring 1, 2, and 4 Gbit/sec capabilities
- Meets high-availability requirements with redundant, hot-pluggable components and non-disruptive software upgrades
- Utilizes the EMC Connectrix EZSwitchSetup wizard, simplifying installation and management
End-To-End Performance and Reliability
EMC Connectrix optical transceiver modules are available in multiple models to satisfy a wide range of speed and distance requirements. These Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) modules are optimized for EMC Connectrix storage networking products to maximize performance, reduce power consumption, and help ensure the highest availability of mission-critical applications.