EMC Connectrix DS-200B Switch: 8 to 16 Ports | 1, 2, and 4 Gbit/sec
The 4 Gbit/sec EMC Connectrix DS-200B Switch provides an affordable single-switch solution for new small SANs or existing SANs that are being upgraded with newer technology. To help new SAN users deploy their SANs, the 8- to 16-port EMC Connectrix DS-200B features the EZSwitchSetup wizard and other key usability and configuration enhancements.
The EMC Connectrix DS-200B combines auto-sensing 1, 2, and 4 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel throughput with new features that greatly enhance switch operation. As a result, organizations can enjoy the advantages of low-cost device connectivity and powerful capabilities that make SAN technology highly accessible and affordable.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides an affordable, flexible foundation for entry-level SANs, and an edge switch for core-to-edge SAN environments
- Simplifies configuration and administration with easy-to-use tools such as the EMC Connectrix EZSwitchSetup wizard
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” scalability from single-switch fabrics to full-fabric enterprise capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability from 8 to 12 or 16 ports in 4-port increments
- Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as a EMC Connectrix Access Gateway
- Provides 4 Gbit/sec performance and availability characteristics typically associated with larger enterprise-class solutions
- Protects existing investments in EMC Connectrix Fabric OS and EMC Connectrix M-EOS*-based environments through native E_Port switch interoperability
- Protects existing device investments with auto-configuring 1, 2, and 4 Gbit/sec capabilities
- Increases flexibility by connecting into any SAN fabric in EMC Connectrix Access Gateway mode
End-To-End Performance and Reliability
EMC Connectrix 8Gb switches require EMC Connectrix optical transceiver modules, which are available in a multiple models to satisfy a wide range of speed and distance requirements. These Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) modules are optimized for EMC Connectrix 8Gb products to maximize performance, reduce power consumption, and help ensure the highest availability of miss ion-critical applications.