Brocade 4900 Switch: 32, 48, or 64 Ports | 1, 2 and 4 Gbit/sec
The Brocade 4900 is a high-performance, high-availability Fibre Channel switch that provides high port density for addressing mission-critical storage requirements. With a flexible architecture that supports 1, 2, and 4 Gbit/sec technology with 32, 48, or 64 ports, the Brocade 4900 provides an affordable high-port-count, single-domain solution.
The Brocade 4900 provides “pay-as-you-grow” scalability through flexible Ports on Demand capabilities. Because it is fully compatible with previous 1 and 2 Gbit/sec devices, as well as the Brocade DCX Backbone, the Brocade 4900 protects existing technology investments while providing a strategic solution for the future.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides up to 64 ports in a single domain and a 2U enclosure for higher density and more easily managed SAN fabrics with fewer domains
- Protects existing investments in Brocade Fabric OS and Brocade M-EOS*-based environments through native E_Port switch interoperability
- Utilizes Ports on Demand capabilities for fast, easy, and cost-effective scalability from 32 to 64 ports in 16-port increments
- Enables switch consolidation through its high port count – increasing utilization, lowering management expenses, and reducing fabric complexity
- Protects existing device investments with auto-configuring 1, 2, and 4 Gbit/sec capabilities
- Supports full 4 Gbit/sec operations at distances up to 100 kilometers (or 500 kilometers at 1 Gbit/sec) for cost-effective business continuance
- Increases network performance with enhanced Brocade ISL Trunking, which enables a high-speed data path up to 32 Gbit/sec
- Meets high-availability requirements with redundant, hot-pluggable components, non-disruptive software upgrades, and hot code activation
End-To-End Performance and Reliability
Brocade optical transceiver modules are available in multiple models to satisfy a wide range of speed and distance requirements. These Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) modules are optimized for Brocade storage networking products to maximize performance, reduce power consumption, and help ensure the highest availability of mission-critical applications.
SAN Standards Compliance – Software
Brocade products conform to SAN standards in a manner consistent with accepted engineering practices and procedures.
Brocade Model 4900 Service & Part Numbers
- BR-4920-0000-A | SilkWorm 4900 32-Port 4Gb Fabric Switch
- BR-4920-0001-A | SilkWorm 4900 32-Port 4Gb Fabric Switch [SFPs included]
- 4900-SVC-ADVANCE-1 | 4900 Series Advance Replacement 1 Year Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-ADVANCE-2 | 4900 Series Advance Replacement 2 Years Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-ADVANCE-3 4900 Series Advance Replacement 3 Years Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-HA-1 | 4900 Series High Availability Support 1 Year Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-HA-2 | 4900 Series High Availability Support 2 Years Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-HA-3 | 4900 Series High Availability Support 3 Years Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-POH-1 | 4900 Series Pair of Hands Support 1 Year Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-POH-2 | 4900 Series Pair of Hands Support 2 Year Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-POH-3 | 4900 Series Pair of Hands Support 3 Year Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-STD-1 | 4900 Series Standard Support 1 Year Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-STD-2 | 4900 Series Standard Support 2 Years Service Plan
- 4900-SVC-STD-3 | 4900 Series Standard Support 3 Years Service Plan
- XBR-R000070 Slide Rack Mount Kit for 200E, 300, 4100, 4900 & 7500 Switches
- XBR-R000162 Fixed Rack Mount Kit for 200E, 4100, 4900 & 7500 Switches