Brocade 300 Switch: 8 to 16 or 24 Ports | 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec
The Brocade 300 is an 8 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switch that provides an affordable entry-level solution for small SANs or the edge of larger SANs. It enables small to medium-sized enterprises to simplify their IT infrastructures, improve system performance, maximize the value of virtual server deployments, and reduce overall storage costs.
Highly Affordable San Technology
The Brocade 300 provides exceptional performance and functionality at an entry-level cost. It combines auto-sensing 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel throughput with features that greatly enhance fabric operation. The Brocade 300 provides these capabilities while consuming less than 2.5 watts of power per port for exceptional power and cooling efficiency.
The Brocade 300 features a non-blocking architecture with as many as 24 ports concurrently active at 8 Gbit/sec (full duplex) with no over-subscription providing an aggregate bandwidth of 408 Gbit/sec. In addition, enhanced Brocade ISL Trunking enables a single logical high-speed trunk capable of up to 68 Gbit/sec of throughput.
Brocade 300 setup and configuration is simplified with the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, which makes switch configuration, deployment, and management an easy 3-step point-and-click process. To manage Brocade switches, organizations can use a command line interface, the Brocade Web Tools utility, EZSwitchSetup, Switch Manager, or SAN management tools such as Brocade EFCM and Fabric Manager. The Brocade 300, which is Microsoft Simple SAN-compatible, also supports a USB port that increases serviceability and error logging by facilitating firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files.
Fast and Easy Scalability
The Brocade 300 is easy to deploy, manage, and integrate into both new and existing IT environments. With capabilities such as Ports On Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports, the Brocade 300 enables organizations to grow their storage networks when necessary, in a non-disruptive manner. In addition, organizations can initially deploy 4 Gbit/sec SFPs and upgrade to 8 Gbit/sec SFP+ when desired.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides an affordable foundation for entry-level SANs
- Delivers full 8 Gbit/sec, 1:1 performance for up to 24 ports in a 1U form factor
- Simplifies configuration and management with the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, and is Microsoft Simple SAN-compatible
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” scalability with Ports On Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports
- Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an NPIV-enabled Brocade Access Gateway
- Provides Adaptive Networking services, such as Quality of Service (QoS), to help optimize application performance in consolidated, virtual environments
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec capabilities
- Improves energy efficiency by combining increased bandwidth with lower power consumption
- Future-proofs investments by enabling organizations to use 4 Gbit/sec SFPs today, and upgrade to 8 Gbit/sec SFPs when desired
End-To-End Performance and Reliability
Brocade 8Gb switches require Brocade optical transceiver modules, which are available in a multiple models to satisfy a wide range of speed and distance requirements. These Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) modules are optimized for Brocade 8Gb products to maximize performance, reduce power consumption, and help ensure the highest availability of mission-critical applications.
Brocade Model 300 Service & Part Numbers
- 300-SVC-ADVANCE-1 | 300 Series Advance Replacement 1 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-ADVANCE-2 | 300 Series Advance Replacement 3 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-ADVANCE-2 | 300 Series Advance Replacement 2 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-HA-1 | 300 Series High Availability Support 1 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-HA-2 | 300 Series High Availability Support 2 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-HA-3 |300 Series High Availability Support 3 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-POH-1 | 300 Series Pair of Hands Support 1 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-POH-2 | 300 Series Pair of Hands Support 2 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-POH-3 | 300 Series Pair of Hands Support 3 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-STD-1 | 300 Series Standard Support 1 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-STD-2 | 300 Series Standard Support 2 Year Service Plan
- 300-SVC-STD-3 | 300 Series Standard Support 3 Year Service Plan
- BR-310-0004-A | Silkworm 300 8Gb Switch without E-Port
[8-ports activated with 8 x 4Gb SFPs]
- BR-320-0004-A | Silkworm 300 8Gb Fabric Switch
[8-ports activated with 8 x 4Gb SFPs]
- BR-340-0004-A | Silkworm 300 8Gb Fabric Switch
[16-ports activated with 16 x 4Gb SFPs]
- BR-360-0004-A | Silkworm 300 8Gb Fabric Switch
[24-ports activated with 24 x 4Gb SFPs]
- BR-360-0008-A | Silkworm 300 8Gb Fabric Switch
[24-ports activated with 24 x 8Gb SFPs]
- XBR-R000070 | Slide Rack Mount Kit for 200E, 300, 4100, 4900 & 7500 Switches