Brocade M6140 Director: 140-Ports | 1 to up to 10 Gbit/sec
The Brocade M6140 Director is a high-performing, flexible building block for today’s very large, data-dependent enterprises. It is the only single-stage, 140-port director that will support transfer rates of 1 to up to 10 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel, so it can meet a wide range of application performance needs. The high port concentration of the Brocade M6140 translates into less complicated connectivity, management and deployment, and its carrier-class availability (99.999%), supports the most critical business requirements. In particular, the Brocade M6140:
- Adds capacity in 4-port increments (up to 140 ports/unit) for cost-effective scalability
- Supports FICON and Fibre Channel traffic simultaneously
- Supports N_Port Virtualization (NPIV)
- Simplifies management of heterogeneous environments with robust management software
- Enables non-disruptive code activation
- Improves application throughput with consistent latency and bandwidth
- Provides superior throughput and response times over distance
Brocade M-EOS fabrics including the Brocade M6140 support native interoperability with Brocade Fabric OS-based Brocade 48000 Directors.
Brocade 10 Gbit/sec XPM Blade
The Brocade 10 Gbit/sec XPM Blade upgrades your existing m 6000 Series Director to a blazing 10 Gbit/sec – the highest performance available today. Cut costs, optimize usage of your existing Fibre Channel lines, and increase data traffic distances for BC/DR implementations with 10 Gbit/sec blade.
- Simplify infrastructure by reducing the number of ISLs
- Intermix with 2 and 4Gbit/sec blades in your m6064 or M6140 Director
- Work with Brocade Open Trunking
Brocade 4 Gbit/sec QPM Blade
Increase link speeds between existing Brocade M6140 directors to 4 Gbit/sec – without replacing switches. The Brocade 4 Gbit/sec QPM Blade is the cost-effective and non-disruptive way for Brocade M6140 Director users to buy the capacity they need when they need it.
- Shortens backup times, meeting the bandwidth needs of data-intensive applications
- Simplifies network by reducing the number of ISLs
- Intermixes with 2 Gbit/sec and 10 Gbit/sec blades
Brocade Director Service & Part Numbers
- Brocade M6140 Director
- Brocade Mi10K Director
- Brocade 48000 Director